Over the years, we have developed an expertise for advance planning for the care of children in the event of the death of one or both parents. Without this advance legal planning, unthinkable events can (and do) take place:
- Your children could be placed into the care of the Child Protective Services … even if you have a will in place … and even if you have a living trust! (Likely this circumstance would be temporary, but you never want your children in the care of strangers – not even for a minute).
- Your children could be put into the custody and care of someone you would never choose, like the one family member who may have good intentions, but you’d never want raising your kids!
- A judge, who doesn’t know you or your family, will decide who will raise your kids, even if it is the last person you would ever want.
- A long and nasty custody fight could ensure or there might be a challenge to the guardians you have designated.
- Up to 5% of the value of your gross assets could be lost to court costs and other unnecessary fees through the probate process that can tie up your assets for years and deprive your kids of the resources they need.
- Unscrupulous people can take advantage of children when they turn 18 and get a check for whatever assets are left.
What is a Kids Protection Plan®?
A Kids Protection Plan® is a set of instructions, legal documents and even an ID card for your wallet, which you need to have if you have kids at home who count on you for their well-being and care.
If you are in an accident, your Kids Protection Plan® will make sure your children are never taken into the custody of Child Protective Services, strangers or the care of anyone you wouldn’t want because the authorities don’t have clear instructions from you. And your Kids Protection Plan® will ensure your children are raised by people you choose, not someone chosen by a Judge who doesn’t know you.
Book your strategy session